Wednesday 23 September 2009

Trottole with Pink Salmon

I had to go to Sainsbury's to buy ingredients for my cookery class tomorrow after such a long hard day at work. As I was walking past the fridge I noticed a group of people around the seafood section, I walked over there to find out what was happening. The reason for this congregation was due to the fact that they had reduced the Pink salmon from £4.00 to 72p!!!! What a bargain!

As I approached the shelve I realised there was none left and why? Some greedy lady had grabbed 6! And she just stood there looking at me. Argh! Fortunately for me a kind lady took pity on me and gave me one out of the two she had picked up earlier. I would have been gutted if I had missed that bargain.

As the salmon was going to expire today I had to make a meal out of it tonight. Looking through my cupboards and fridge I threw something together. Here you go....

Ingredients
  • 2 Salmon fillets
  • Trottole (Pasta)
  • 1/2 Onions, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
  • 2 teaspoons of red pesto
  • a tablespoon of olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons of double cream
Seasoning
  • Salt
  • Chilli powder
  • Thyme
Pasta:
Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet, strain and put aside. In a sauce pan fry the garlic, onions and peppers for about 3 minutes. Add the tomato purée and stir for about 1 minute. Add a bit of water to turn it into a sauce. Add thyme, some chilli powder and salt to taste. Pour in the cooked pasta and simmer for 5 minutes and stir in the double cream.

Salmon:
De-scale the salmon fillets and wash with cold water. Place them on separate pieces of foil paper. Sprinkle some salt and chilli powder on each fillet. Spread a thick layer of red pesto on each fillet. Wrap them in the foil paper and put in the oven for 12 minutes. Serve with the pasta.



4 comments:

  1. This makes me hungry and I don't even like fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is nice..... thank God for the kind lady that gave up one out of her to salmon's...
    wonder how far the greedy lady with 6 packs will go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hungry, hope you saved mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done 'chef'. Please no practising during the week...only at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete