Thursday 24 January 2013

L'Epicerie - my very own Waitrose!

I really should be ashamed of myself. First of all I haven’t updated this blog in such a long time. I do have valid reasons though but lets not go into them, secondly I only just discovered L’Epicerie! I had heard so much about it and always wanted to visit but for some reason I never went. Today though, I rectified that!

I haven’t been eating very well or cooking due to those reasons we are not going to talk about. And I am not trying to lose weight! My meals have been quite boring of late maybe due to the pressures of the show, I don’t know. I had had enough of this phase though, the thought of another meal of Indomie and boiled egg made me shudder.  I tried to think of exciting restaurants I could go to to eat but as this  is January – broke month, I decided against it. Then L’Epicerie popped into my head. I could go and buy some ingredients to cook something exciting. After work I went there and I fell in love!

I love the way the whole place is set up. It was exciting seeing all the uncommon and weird spices, ingredients that I would normally not find in the likes Shoprite or Goodies. It reminded me of Waitrose and even the price tags matched! My cost saving tactics seemed flawed!

see through boxes for spices, even Kuka
Spice Boxes

Imported mushrooms
leeks and spring onions

various oils and vinegar
wouldn't recommend this place for everyday grocery shopping but for that special ingredient you should definitely visit!


Location: No. 21A, Idowu Martins Street, Victoria Island

Phone: +234(0)1-628-1567


No comments:

Post a Comment