Sunday 4 December 2011

Why am I working on a Sunday? Why?

So I have loads of work, like proper work. You know, the one that pays for all the ingredients, food and gas bills. But I couldn't bring myself to do any of it. It's Sunday for crying out loud! And it's really, really cold. All I want to do is sleep. So what did I do instead? I cooked and cleaned and cooked some more. What do I tell my boss when she asks if I have finished my report?

Anyway I baked savoury and sweet scones and crumpet soaked in eggs. I usually use self-raising flour for my scones but today I had to use plain flour and baking powder. When I opened my bag of self raising flour I found some insects inside. Let me point out that this bag was brand new and sealed. Anyone that knows me well knows how much I detest insects, I get panic attacks when I see them. My sister always asks how I coped in boarding school. Our school was in the middle of a forest with all sort of wild life and wild insects! With teary eyes I called Chido to tell her what I had found and her question was "what were you doing in Asda?" Hisssss! I am heading there tomorrow to demand a refund and a million pound compensation for the trauma they put me through!

If you have only plain flour, self-raising flour can be achieved by adding 2 teaspoons of baking powder to every 250 grams of plain flour. For my savoury scones, I added cheese to the mixture and left out the sugar. In a bowl, I whisked 2 eggs, 3 table spoons of milk, finely chopped onions and tomatoes. I seasoned with mixed spices and salt to taste. I had bought some crumpets earlier which I then soaked in the egg mixture and baked in the oven for 20 minutes.

After cooking and cleaning you would think I would try to do some work. I sent out this message "Brunch at mine!" to a few church going friends, knowing they would be hungry after the service. I pity myself!


P.S. - All photographs taken by me unless otherwise stated

5 comments:

  1. Royal mail please.....don't worry about sending butter! Looking forward to Wednesday afternoon when I receive my parcel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chido... errr I invited people round. There is none left! Don't worry Christmas morning we shall have some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new look, the crumpets and scones look amazing *mouth watering*. I will def try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo, they look so yummy and scrumptious. I want!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, xmas morning, white xmas on my mind.

    ReplyDelete